No Result. No Fee. Debt relief you can count on.
Member Code Of Conduct
Strictly Enforced. Always There.
By choosing to work with an AFCC/TASC member, you have chosen to work with an industry leader that has agreed to provide services according to our strict Code of Conduct. If you believe the company you are working with is not complying with any part of our Code of Conduct, please let us know and we will promptly address the situation.
American Fair Credit Council (AFCC/TASC) Code of Conduct / Truth in Services
1. Members shall comply with all federal and state laws regulating credit advocacy and debt relief services, including, but not limited to, the 2010 FTC Rules for debt relief providers.
The FTC Rules, among other things, only permit fees to be charged after:
a.) A written agreement is entered with a consumer;
b.) A settlement or result is obtained; and
c.) The consumer authorizes and accepts such result.
As a matter of clarification, the AFCC cannot and will not make determinations as to whether any claimed “exemption” to the FTC Rule is valid. Any company that is charging Advance Fees for debt relief services will not be eligible for membership, regardless of the legal validity of any claimed exemption.
2. Communications with clients and the public shall be honest and truthful.
3. Members shall work with the AFCC to maintain transparency and trust with the public.
4. Agreements and services shall be conducted in good faith.
5. Members shall advocate solely for the consumer and shall not accept compensation, fair share, contributions or donations from creditors.
6. Fees charged for services shall be fair and reasonable.
7. Representations regarding the services and potential outcomes of the service shall be fair and accurate.
8. Estimates used in setting up a program for clients such as the total cost and program length shall be based on historical and substantiated data.
9. Members shall clearly and conspicuously disclose both the risks as well as the benefits of credit advocacy to individuals enrolling in programs.
10. Members shall clearly and conspicuously explain what fees are charged for services, how they are charged and when such fees are earned.
11. Members shall protect the privacy of personal information of clients and prospective clients.
12. In addition to the above, AFCC members shall abide by the more detailed AFCC Standards in their operations and dealings.